Clear, well-structured, grammatically sound and correctly formatted writing is essential to earning marks in your dissertation or thesis. Even the best ideas, hypotheses and findings risk going unnoticed if not presented well. Grad Coach’s editing and proofreading service ensures that you put your best foot forward in every chapter.
What does it include?
The service includes both editing and proofreading. In other words, we address the high-level issues of flow, clarity, and general presentation, as well as the finer details such as spelling, grammar, formatting and referencing.
Specifically, we will take care of the following:
- Fix typos, misspellings, punctuation issues and ensure consistency of spelling (UK, US, etc).
- Undertake light rewriting of poorly presented sentences to ensure readability and ease of understanding. Where substantial rewriting is required, we will provide suggestions for improvement of writing/research.
- Highlight areas where clarification and additional text is needed.
- Check that in-text references are in the correct style, and are included in the end-text references.*
- Ensure that the references list is in the correct format and include all relevant information*
- Highlight areas where additional references are needed (e.g. sweeping statements/unfounded arguments).
- Generate the table of contents page, list of figures and tables.
- Ensure consistent style figure and table captions.
- Insert captions where able, or highlight areas where captions are needed.
- Ensure consistency of heading levels and styles.
- Ensure correct page numbering (e.g. roman numerals for pre-matter).
- Ensure document format/page layout is in line with your institute’s requirements*; or otherwise in line with industry standards (if no guide is provided).
*We will require an editing/formatting guide or set of criteria from your institution for these services. Alternatively, we will apply standard Harvard formatting.
What does it not include?
Our editing service does not assess the academic quality and rigour of the research. If you would like a critical academic review of your work, please consider our dissertation review service.
Moreover, it does not include writing of any sections (all work must be your own), sourcing of information (such as references), rearranging of content (we will guide you on this, though), plagiarism checking or fixing.
How long does it take?
Typically, we can provide a full edit and proofread within 3-4 days. If you require a faster turnaround time, please contact us first.
How much does it cost?
Our fee is word count-based. Typically the word count includes the body copy and appendices, but you can choose to exclude the appendices if you wish. The prices below are per thousand words.
|1 - 9,999||$38||£28||€32||R 500|
|10,000 - 19,999||$37||£27||€31||R 480|
*All prices are per 1000 words.
How do I get started?
Whether you’re ready to get started, or just want to ask a question, simply submit your details below and we’ll get back to you pronto.
Having trouble with the form? Just drop us an email by clicking here.