Still fumbling about with manual citations and references? Stop now. In this video, you’ll learn how to use Mendeley Desktop, the Web Importer and the Microsoft Word plugin – all in 10 minutes.
Points covered in this video:
Installation & setup:
- How to install Mendeley Desktop
- How to install Mendeley Web Importer
- How to install the Mendeley MS Word Plugin
- How to populate your database Mendeley using PDF drag & drop
- How to use Mendeley’s literature search functionality
- How to use Mendeley’s Web Importer to grab data off web pages.
- How to manually enter references into Mendeley
Inserting citations & creating a reference list:
- How to change the reference style in Word
- How to add new reference styles in Word
- How to insert citations in Word
- How to edit citations to give the author the leading voice
- How to create a reference list/bibliography